Any person who is concerned about changing the existing system or willing to bring about new discoveries or inventions can make research as a tool to attain their target. Research is not all about gathering information & not necessarily about academics. What after research always matter! It has got such influential power in solving a particular issue and bringing up appropriate solutions to tackle it, thus paving the way towards policy making. Good researchers at all times can impact upon the decision making bodies and one can be proud in bringing changes in society with their researches!
Research /Thesis have become an integral part of one’s academic curriculum especially for post graduation programmes. The question is how many of them have done their research by putting their heart and soul in it? Usually, the objectives of the Research topic identified completely shifts from what was conceived initially. For some, it is an extra burden and for those interested end up nowhere without proper guidance. The dilemma arises here!
The part and parcel of every research depends upon the research question to be framed by the researcher. The initial brainstorming work done for a research should be well prepared as the research in course of time gets advanced based on this. Experts in academic research says that 60 percent of the Researchers have issue in Problem Formulation
Centre for Public Policy Research (CPPR), a research based think tank dedicated to extensive and in-depth research on current economic, social, and political issues has identified the gap between the theory and practice of research. CPPR believes in guiding young and energetic beginners doing research on how to do Research.
As part of this, CPPR is organizing a three day residential “CPPR Introductory course on Social Science Research Methods” from 23rd -25th May 2013 at Cochin, Kerala, India. Students pursuing their final year Graduation, Post Graduation/MPhil or PhD in social sciences or academicians, researchers in NGOs and journalists who have got the determination to do research for a better cause are wholeheartedly welcome. The course invites non academic researchers as CPPR believe’s in inculcating scientific temperament among the stake holders of any process.
Interested candidates shall send the Registration form along with their latest resume to email@example.com. For any queries/clarification don’t hesitate to approach us.
Contact Name: Mary Honey Project Associate Ph: 0484 6469177
The course deals with sessions based on Preface to research, attitude, values and beliefs of research, approaches and procedures of research, putting together the research problems/ articulation of research problem and Portraying the research problem. It will be a mixture of interactive and skill building sessions and group discussions.
• The course fee is Rs 2500 (Early Bird) before May 8th, 2013 and Rs 3000 for regular participants before May 20th. Late entries shall be accepted only on discretion.
• Accommodation is available for limited participants at Ashir Bhavan, Cochin, Kerala. The cost of Accommodation will be on a shared basis for Rs 2000 (for the entire duration of the course with Breakfast & Dinner).
• Register the course by paying the Course fee (Rs 2500 for Early Birds and Rs 3000 for regular) in advance by sending a Demand draft in favour of Centre for Public Policy Research, Payable at Ernakulam, Kerala or amount can be deposited in favour of “Centre for Public Policy Research”, Vijaya Bank, Thripunithura, in the Account No: 204000300001152. In case of RTGS, the IFS Code No is VIJB0002040
• Registration for the course can be completed by filling the Registration form either by downloading the Registration Form and sending by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (along with latest updated Curriculum Vitae) or by filling the online form by clicking here….
In case the fee is been paid by Demand Draft, the completely filled form shall be attached with the DD and sent by post to Centre for Public Policy Research, 28/3656, Sonoro Church Road, Elamkulam, Kochi-682020, Kerala, India
• Upon cancellation of registration, the registration fee will be returned after a deduction of Rs 500 from the Applicant.
Click for applying !!