The core purpose of CPPR is facilitating ‘solutions to change.’ We believe that combined effort and focused actions are crucial to the realisation of such a process. The conscious efforts of socially responsible citizens are essential to set a pace of change in society.
We invite people to get involved by dedicating their time, talents and creative skills to the cause of forming a transformed society, enriched by democratic and secular principles. CPPR has facilitated interns from India and abroad. From month-long internships to one year period, the opportunities are aplenty.
Researching at CPPR offers you the following in addition to learning and fun:
- A lively and active work environment
- The platform to put forth your innovative ideas
- Rigorous training on research methodology
- A chance to work on live projects
- Interact with the government and other independent organisations including experts, academicians, etc. A chance to be part of the various initiatives of CPPR
- Publish a paper on our website or blog
- A chance to write for leading newspapers and local dailies in Kerala
- Graduates or students pursuing graduation from a recognised university.
- Anyone with at least an undergraduate degree from a recognised university interested in part-time jobs or volunteering
- Anyone with experience/ interest in working on digital media, animation and photography
- A minimum of 45 days
- 30 to 150 working hours
- Full-time engagement
- Based in Kochi, Kerala, India
- Indian nationals: Rs 3000/- for 45 days
- Foreign nationals: USD 100 for 45 days
Summer Internship 2020
Internship to study the Impact of COVID19
CPPR Chairman's Office
- Assistance on projects to provide policy inputs and papers targeted for publication at CPPR platforms and other external news portals.
- Compiling accurate and timely data and assisting with the relevant analytical, statistical and econometric tools necessary to execute the research projects.
- Assistance with research and writing proposals for various funding institutions
- Collaborate, on behalf of the Chairman, with CPPR’s team of researchers/project associates for any or all of the above.
- Post Graduate (completed or pursuing) in Economics /Politics /Sociology /International Relations /Urban Planning /Urban Development/ Statistics /Econometrics /Finance /Banking /International Trade /International Finance /International Business /Marketing & Communication
- Proficiency in Business writing or communicative english.
- Proficiency in applied econometrics and quantitative techniques; familiarity with some econometric software (e.g. Stata /Eviews /Matlab /R /Gauss /Python /Tableau).
- Expertise in Computer or Data Analytics. Programming skills or ability to acquire them are necessary.
- Not a pre-requisite.
- The internship will be for a period of 3 (three) months extendable for another 3 (three) months based on need and the performance of the intern.
- Exceptional performers might be considered for placement with CPPR as Research/Project Associates.
- Rs 5000/- for 3 months
Centre for Comparative Studies (CCS)
- Demographics; Ageing patterns
- Education and Health
- Urbanisation policies
- Governance Patterns and Politics
- Government Budgeting
- Social and Economic Development Indicators
Centre for Urban Studies (CUS)
- Urban Mobility (focusing on public transport and non-motorised transport)
- Smart Cities
- Public Space
- Media relations
- Event management
- Communication management
- Relationship management
- Contribution towards ideation of innovative courses
- Assistance in research on areas pertinent to CPPR Academy
- Organising educational seminars, workshops etc
- Networking and managing of stakeholders
- Coordinating and executing CPPR’s social media strategy
- Management of social media platforms of CPPR
- Conceptualise and design social media posters
- Manage the website
Centre for Strategic Studies (CSS)
- Foreign Policy of India
- West Asian Politics
- Maritime Security