Join Team CPPR
Centre for Public Policy Research (CPPR) works in areas of research promotion, knowledge dissemination, capacity building, grass-roots initiatives, etc. It has a pool of talent from various parts of the country, who are experienced in handling socio-economic research projects. CPPR has always believed in engaging the right individuals for its initiatives and efforts in the area of public policy.
We welcome people who have a penchant for public policy and display unique skill sets and managerial capacities to work with CPPR!
- All positions are based in Kochi, unless otherwise specified. Certain roles may require travel. More details are given in the Job Description
- Only those candidates who have applied online will be considered for the screening process.
- If your application is shortlisted, you will hear from us within a week of posting the job application. If you do not hear from us, please be assured that we will keep your profile in our database and will contact you when there is a match of your skills and organisation’s needs in the future. Thank you for applying.
- Covid-19 Info: Due to the present situation we follow Work-from-home policy. However as and when the situation improves you shall be required to be relocated to Kochi.
Vacancy: Research Head
CONTRACT TYPE: PERMANENT
SALARY: SALARY TO COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31st MAY 2021
Centre for Public Policy Research (CPPR) is an independent, not for profit public policy think-tank based in Kochi, Kerala dedicated to in-depth research and scientific analysis with the objective of delivering actionable ideas that could transform society. CPPR is seeking applications for the Research Head to lead our inter- disciplinary research team, to conduct and promote high-quality evidence-based research with practical and innovative recommendations; and contribute to better informed public discourse and influence policymaking
CORE RESEARCH AREAS
Economy, Education, Health, Cities & Infrastructure, Livelihood, Election Studies, Governance & Law, International Relations, and National Security and Defence studies.
Research by CPPR is of high-quality and extremely sought after by government bodies, private organisations, and academic institutions. This research provides a strong foundation needed for crucial decision-making at Central and Regional levels. The Centre also provides extensive training to research and public policy professionals.
The Research Head is to be based in Kerala, reports to the Chairman of CPPR and is responsible for overseeing the research and publication activity of the CPPR which will include:
1. Mentoring, overseeing and managing the CPPR research team;
2. Ensuring that the Centre’s research is produced in line with the highest standards of intellectual honesty, research ethics, and academic convention;
3. Serving as chief overseeing editor of the Centre’s publications and ensuring that all publication work is executed in a thoroughly professional manner;
4. Building and maintaining the network of potential researchers, authors and working closely with the senior fellows and Chairman;
5. Networking with potential partners for collaborating on the research initiatives;
6. Identifying and procuring research projects by submitting proposals;
7. Overall responsibility for meeting research deadlines;
8. Undertaking other duties, as determined by the Chairman, according to the appointee’s skills and prior experience and the Centre’s needs.
Academic – PhD or demonstrable evidence of equivalent training and experience of minimum 5 years in any of the CPPR core research areas.
1. Extensive experience of field/empirical research in a variety of settings, as well as primary and secondary data collection and analysis.
2. Strong analytical skills. We are looking for someone who can incorporate political, economic and social elements to their analyses.
3. Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
4. Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point plus survey and qualitative/quantitative research software, ideal).