The two-day International Conference on “U.S Rebalance and Asia Pacific Region”, conceptualized and organised by the Centre for Strategic Studies, Centre Public Policy Research, Kochi with the support of the US Consulate-General Chennai Region helped in generating ideas and thoughts for US and Indian governments. The conference deliberated upon the U.S “Rebalancing” its strategy in the Asia-pacific and its potential implications. This conference was conducted with a need to focus upon how U.S would play a pivotal role in a continent where the history of 21st century would be scripted. The Conference had key speakers drawn from the field of security, strategic studies,trade &commerce, and academics.
Speakers for the Conference include:
- Mr. M.K. Narayanan, Former Governor of West Bengal and Former National Security Advisor
Phillip Min, Consul General, U.S. Consulate General in Chennai
- Mr. Murray Hiebert ,Senior Fellow and Deputy Director, Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asian Studies Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington DC.
- Dr. G. Gopa Kumar, Vice Chancellor, Central University of Kerala, Kasargod.
- Mr. Aneish P. Rajan , IRS Deputy Director, Directorate General of Central Excise Intelligence and Founder Trustee – Centre for Public Policy Research.
- Ms. Ingrid Henick, Vice President The Cohen Group, Washington DC
- Prof. V. Suryanarayan, Nelson Mandela Professor – for Afro-Asian Studies, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala.
- Prof. K.M.Seethi, Director, School of International Relations and Politics, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala.
- Prof.ChintamaniMahapatra, Centre for Canadian, US & Latin American Studies at the School of International Studies of Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Dr. Lawrence Prabhakar Williams, International Relations and Strategic Studies, Dept of Political Science, Madras Christian College, Chennai.
- Dr. Arvind Kumar ,Professor and Head of Department Geopolitics and International Relations, Manipal Centre for Asian Studies, Manipal University.
- Dr. Joe Thomas Karackattu, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology ,Madras.
- Prof. Rajeev Srinivasan, Member National Think Tank on Intellectual Property Rights, Government of India.
- Dr. Rajesh Rajagopalan, Professor, Centre for International Politics, Organization and Disarmament, School of Interna
- Dr. Jabin.T.Jacob, Assistant Director and Fellow Institute of Chinese Studies (ICS), New Delhi.
- Dr. Pramod C.R., Department of Political Science, Sree Kerala. Varma College, Thrissur, Kerala
- Dr. Antony Dawson D’silva, Dept. of Political Science, Panampilly Memorial Government College, Thrissur and Academic Coordinator – Centre for Public Policy Research
tional Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
The Final Report of the Conference can be accessed here: Report on Conference on US Rebalance and Asia Pacific