The MA Public Policy and Governance (MAPPG) is a two-year master’s degree programme, which opens avenues into the world of public affairs for those who are passionate and committed about contributing to social and political change by engaging with public institutions as a policy researcher, commentator, consultant or advisor. This programme is a joint initiative of the Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth (CVV) and the Centre for Public Policy Research (CPPR). It aims to impart the necessary knowledge and skills that will help the students to develop meaningful and sustainable solutions to the challenging situations in public affairs and governance. An effective training in theory complemented by learning experiences from real-world policy challenges covering key areas will help the students to address contemporary political, economic and social issues. The MPPG programme offered by CVV shall be the first of its kind in Kerala. This programme shall also be a knowledge and skill enhancer for serving and prospective bureaucrats, judicial officers, financial and banking professionals, development professionals, social entrepreneurs, economists and social leaders.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2019
For Enquires: 911144046, 9946639339
Programme Offered by
School of Ethics, Governance, Culture & Social Systems at CVV
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline
from a recognised university.
Who should Apply?
- Students exploring a Public policy-related career in health, education, public finance and economy, urban development, information and communication, international relations, technological innovation, environment etc in Government or corporate sector.
- Mid career professionals like serving and prospective bureaucrats, judicial officers, developmental sector professionals, members of prestigious fellowships like PMRDF etc seeking to enhance their skill sets.
- Public Policy enthusiasts seeking to strengthen their profile for a career in governmental institutions, multilateral aid agencies, academic institutions, global institutions such as UN and its subsidiaries, non-governmental organisations, think tanks, consulting companies, media institutions etc.
Screening of applications, written test and/or personal
DURATION: 2 years fulltime master’s program with Flexi timings
CAMPUS: Chinmaya Eswar Gurukula, Kochi Campus
- Fundamentals of Public Policymaking: Paradigm and Practices
- Economics for Policymaker
- Quantitative and Qualitative Methods for Policy Research
- Idea of Development: Theory and Praxis
- Public Policy Analysis and Implementation
- Understanding Governance: Constitutional Context, Institutions and Practices
- Global Governance Agenda and International Organisations
- Public Policy Communication
- Data Analytics
- Technology and Challenges to Conventional Public Policy Frameworks
To gain concentrated and specialised expertise in a specific area of public policy, participants can choose specific Programmes from the following broad thematic areas of public policy:
- Public Health and Patient Safety
- Education Policy and Sustainable Development
- Agriculture and Rural Economy
- Urban Governance
- Cultural Heritage Protection
- Energy/Environment Policy
- International Trade and Economy
- Technology and Disruptive Practices
- Introduction to Indic Knowledge Systems
- Indian Conceptions of Dharma and Neeti
Programme Fee (Indian & International)
- INR 1,30,000 per annum for Day Scholars.
- INR 2,30,000 per annum for Residential Students.
- USD 5,400 per annum for International Residential Students. Caution Deposit and Semester 1 Fee
- Every candidate selected for admission at Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth will be required to deposit an amount of INR 10,000 towards caution deposit and the first semester programme fees in order to confirm his/her offer of admission by the acceptance deadline as specified in the offer letter.
- Caution Deposit for International Students - USD 240